Tuesday, June 23, 2009

It Must Be Summer (and the rain has finally stopped!)

There is something about the sunshine that gets my creative juices flowing. I love that I can carry my instrument outside. My favorite place to write music is out on my back porch. I grab my guitar and a notebook and I'm off. However, with this constant rain, I have been stuck inside. Although, I must admit, I love the rain. I love the smell, the sounds, the way it makes everything so green (except my tomato plants - they are looking a little yellow - okay enough is enough) But today with the sun out, I plopped my butt down on my porch and started writing. I'm writing a song about "Time". I've found that as I get older, time seems to go faster and faster. The days just seem to fly by and sometimes I feel like I have accomplished very little. I wish I could freeze time (not always, just specific moments), but day after day the scenery is basically the same. This song is about making each day count, not taking anything for granted. Sounds like a good idea, huh? We will see how it turns out. So far, I like it, which is a good sign! This one is going to be a little more upbeat, with a really cool strum pattern on my guitar. It should be fun to play.

2 comments:

  1. Look forward to hearing this new song. Hope you and your family are all doing well. Take care Tamee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to find out my next door neighbor is so talented!! Keep me informed about your concerts, we would love to come. We are all so not talented so we love to appreciate others talents.

    ReplyDelete